Google has announced the list of the best apps of specific categories on Play Store and at the final days of Google I/O 2017, the company revealed the list of the winners to dominate the store for this year. There is the number of app short listed across different categories, which were whittled down subsequently within their categories.
Google Play Award Winners
Here is the list of the winners from the awards and you can see from winners save for two, all apps are chosen for the honors are free.
- Best App: Memrise (free)
- Best Game: Transformers: Forged to Fight (free)
- Best Android Wear Experience: Runtastic Running & Fitness (free)
- Best App For Kids: Animal Jam – Play Wild! (free)
- Best Accessibility Experience: IFTTT (free)
- Best AR Experience: Woorld (free)
- Best Multiplayer Game: Hearthstone (free)
- Best Social Impact: ShareTheMeal (free)
- Best TV Experience: Red Bull TV (free)
- Best VR Experience: Virtual Virtual Reality ($8.99)
- Standout Indie: Mushroom 11 ($4.99)
- Standout Startup: Hooked (free)
DuoLingo Gets Run for its Money
The best App was Memrise, which is the language translation app and it is used by 15 million people. It seems that DuoLingo has the worthy competitors and it is still far ahead of the Memrise in terms of its users. The award of the Best Game was gone to transformers, which was forged to fight.
VP Apps Makes Headlines
There were the new categories, which are added to reflect the development, which are happening in them these days. The clients can check the best VP Experience, Virtual Virtual Reality and the two hour long game, which can work with the use of headset.
For the Best AR Experience, the clients can choose the app, which was Woorld and it allows you to mess with environment in the playful way through the display of the phone. There is fitness app, Runtastic to get accolades in the Android Wear Experience category.
There is another app, Red Bull TV, which shows the clips from different events won Best TV experience and Animal Jam was declared the best App provided for the children. The popular game, Hearthstone won the Best Multiplayer game accolade.
The best accessibility experience is belonged to IFTTT and the best social impact went to World Food program backed ShareTheMeal. The finally critically acclaimed Mushroom 11 got the standout of Indie award and Hooked got the Standout Startup accolade.