The Government of Pakistan is highly ambitious to digitize the Pakistan with emerging technology and innovations. Government already proposed the Digital Pakistan Vision. Now the great news from the Govt of Pakistan is that the Digital Pakistan Plan is issued. The former Google Executive and the head of Digital Pakistan Program Tania Aidrus gave a visionary plan to make for Digitization of Pakistan.
Tania shared the solid plan for digital program in tweet to achieve the goals for Digital Pakistan program. Tania said in her post
“We plan on treating these as living and breathing, so something that will continue to evolve”
The program carries the following 5 Key areas.
- 1. Access & Connectivity
- 2. Digital Infrastructure
- 3. eGovernment
- 4. Digital Skills & Training
- 5. Innovation and Entrepreneurship
The Digital Pakistan Program specifically focuses on the goals to be achieved whether they are achieved or not. Here are some key principles of the Digital Pakistan Program
- 1. #shaamil – Responsible and inclusive access to information and technologies is a fundamental right.
- Affordable access to hardware devices such as low-end smartphones
- Universal data access such as connectivity in remote areas
- Affordable data access such as mobile subscription plans
- Free flow of information
- 2. #hunarmand – 21st-century skills to reap the benefits of technology
- Digital literacy and how to operate devices
- Skills for digitally enable jobs such as home-based selling of goods via social commerce
- 3. #pehchaan – Simplify interactions between citizens, government, and the broader economy.
- Development of a ‘Pakistan Stack’ as technology and data infrastructure connecting these different spheres
- Using digital technologies for easier and more transparent public expenditures, tax collections as well as prevention of tax evasion
- Driving towards the ‘Ask only once’ principle i.e. aim to ensure that citizens, institutions, and companies only have to provide certain standard information to the authorities and administrations once
- 4. #digitaljugarus – An inclusive digital revolution must be an economic boon for all.
- Fostering mass employment creation through digital platforms like marketplaces, freelancing communities or ride-hailing companies
- Creating an appropriate legal, financial and regulatory environment for technology startups to flourish
- Be the conduit for linking local digital skills supply with global demand in areas with high global demand like machine learning or python.
Key Areas of Work
The digital revolution will have the work key areas of work:
- 1. Channeling of and representing the Digital Pakistan Movement
- 2. Information dissemination
- 3. Policy advancement or intervention
- 4. Technology development
Build bridges and facilitating dialogue between citizens, government, local and international playersGovernment Plans to Digitize Pakistan,