OpenCon Conference is Canada is the fully funded international conference, which will be held in Toronto. The applications are now open to apply for fully funded OpenCon Conference in Canada and the closing date for the receipt of the application forms is 13th July 2018 at 11:59 pm US Pacific time.
OpenCon aims to bring the effective and talented students and early career academic professionals together from all over the world to forward the open access, open education and open data irrespective of their ability to pay for the travel costs. The participants learn about the open access, open data and open education, develop the critical skills, catalyze action toward and final collaborator to open system to share the information of the world from the scholarly and scientific research to the educational materials to the digital research data.
Conference Benefits & Cost:
The benefits of applying for OpenCon 2018 extend far beyond to attend the meeting in Toronto during this November. It is the chance to find the new collaborator and get them connected with the scholarships by attending the related conferences and participate in larger community of the open advocates year round.
OpenCon Conference in Canada is the wonderful meeting and the organizers will get full or partial travel scholarships to large number of participants during meeting. During the past meeting, the large number of participants got the full or partial scholarships.
The scholarships funds are provided for following expenses:
- Roundtrip ticket (air, train or bus) to Toronto, Canada from departure city indicated in your application form.
- Accommodation during nights of conference (shared room with the participant of the same sex).
- Participation fee to cover registration and most meals.
- Visa application fee (if needed).
- 03 Days (November 2-4)
- Toronto, Canada.
- OpenCon’s target audience is students of all levels including early career researchers and young professionals in fields concerned with scholarly and scientific research (e.g. librarians, publishers, advocates, etc).
- Students, early career researchers and young professionals from all countries are welcomed to attend OpenCon.
- Early career is a flexible term and generally means someone within 10 years of the commencement of their professional career (i.e. after graduating with their terminal degree).
- Applicants must be eighteen years of age or older to attend OpenCon.
How to Apply: (Application Instructions)
Very Simple Process:
- Complete the form below to apply for OpenCon 2018.
- First, enter your email address to unlock the rest of the questions.
- Once you begin, you can save your progress at any time by clicking “Save for Later” at the bottom of the form.
- You will then be sent an email with a secure link that you may use to resume your application later
The deadline to apply for OpenCon 2018 is 13th July 2018 at 11:59 U.S. Pacific Time. Drafts not submitted by that date will be considered final. All questions are required unless otherwise noted.
Thanks and Good Luck for Your Application!