Despite the improvements in the tourism department but Pakistan got very poor score and ranking and it stands among bottom 20 countries. The domestic tourism is also increasing in the country.
According to the latest report of the World Economic Forum which is the latest edition of the latest edition of the Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Pakistan has poorly and slowly ranked up from 124th in 2017 to 121st in 2019. However the trend is not very positive and Pakistan got the position just below the Bangladesh in the issued list.
The top of the list is Spain among 140 countries having an impressive score of 5.4. France Germany and Japan also scored 5.4 in the global average.
Following factors and sub factors are involve in the distribution of ranking.
- Environment– (25% weight)
- Business Environment – (5% weight)
- Safety and Security – (5% weight)
- Health and Hygiene – (5% weight)
- Human Resources and Labor Market – (5% weight)
- ICT Readiness – (5% weight)
- Policy and Enabling Conditions– (25% weight)
- Prioritization of Travel & Tourism – (6.25% weight)
- International Openness – (6.25% weight)
- Price Competitiveness – (6.25% weight)
- Environmental Sustainability – (6.25% weight)
- Infrastructure– (25% weight)
- Air Transport Infrastructure – (8.33% weight)
- Ground and Port Infrastructure – (8.33% weight)
- Tourist Service Infrastructure – (8.33% weight)
- Natural and Cultural Resources– (25% weight)
- Natural Resources – (12.5% weight)
- Cultural Resources and Business Travel – (12.5% weight)
The information about Pakistan ranking, the data has been obtained from the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) and the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC). Pakistan has earned the score of 3.1 from a scale of 1 to 7 with 7 scored is on the top that having most desirable countries for tourism. The previous score of Pakistan was 2.8 in the edition of the year 2017 of report.
The best key factors for Pakistan:
- International tourist arrivals – 965,500
- International tourism inbound receipts – US $351.6 million
- Average receipts per arrival – US $364.2
- Travel and tourism industry GDP – US $8,000.2 million
- Travel and tourism industry share of GDP – 2.8% of total
- Employment of Travel and tourism industry – 1,484,200 jobs
- Share of employment – 2.4% of the total
Pakistan got 37th position in price competitiveness and having score of 4.2 in business environment, health and hygiene got 4.5 and 3.7 in the terms of safety and security.
Pakistan has very low ranking on the sub factors like business travel, cultural resources, air transport infrastructure and ground and tourist service and port infrastructure.